A question was posed by my co-facilitator this week to a group we were working with. If you were at your best, what would you be? Great thought that prompted a learning process. I’m sharing it below. Do it and see what you find:
- When I am at my best I ________________ (fill in the blank) ___________________________.
- The percentage I am currently there is __________%
- What is the impact?
- The percentage I would like to see in 90 days is ______________%
- What would I have to do to increase the percentage?
- What is the impact?
When I am at my best I inspire people to believe 100% more in what they are capable of being or becoming.
The percentage I am currently there is 75%
The impact of the missing percentage is 25% of my time is spent out of my genius and purpose leading to resentment, resistance, or judgment. (Hey! I’m human.) This means I am 25% less available to my own life and to support my family, friends and clients.
The percentage increase I’d like to see in 90 days is 90%.
To increase the percentage, I have to manage the resentment, resistance or judgment that shows up in any area of my life or work. If any of you are here with me, here are some ways to do that:
- Pre-pave the day with appreciation, gratitude and happiness.
- If I’m in a pity party or resentment snare, set the time. Indulge for a few minutes and then choose a different thought or action.
- Ask the “chatter committee” that sits on my shoulder to please be quiet.
- Schedule the tough stuff and follow it with a mini reward (a walk, a chapter of a book, a high-five).
- Just do it.
- Identify the impact that the resistance is having. That’s a big motivation to move through it.
- Own what you are good at and celebrate it.
- Embrace your limitations. Nobody is a master of all things.
- Create a chain reaction by trying something new.
The impact is self-esteem, confidence, purpose and passion. What is your best? And how will your world benefit from you living more in your best?
Did today’s post resonate with you? If so, you’ll appreciate my complimentary audio workshop, “The Five Real Reasons Your Team is Not Engaged (and it’s not what you think).” To receive your F-R-E-E copy CLICK HERE.